Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Jury Duty

...by Supertones... That was the song of the day... and my day started out the same, had the same general everything-that-can-go-wrong-will-go-wrong-ness... so, here's the lyrics, with my notes on how MY day went... ENJOY!


5 am (yep) on tuesday (yep)
Why am I up so early (because Ronnie got up and wanted juice)
Drive out to santa ana (Clackamas) ’cause I’ve got jury duty (Haydee's Pictures)
No breakfast (yep) short tempered (yep)
And I cut my head shaving (had to take Ronnie to the doctor again for his ear infection)
Ten miles out I hit traffic (the kids fell asleep in the car for 15 minutes, so wouldn't take naps)
Some days just aren’t worth saving (but, it wasn't pathetic enough for us, so we kept going)

You know I haven’t had the best of days (Haydee's milk bottle exploded all over Jesse & I & our kitchen which was already neck-high in dirty cake pans)
But I want to stop and thank you anyway

At the courthouse (kitchen) I waited (for the cake to turn out)
And waited then I waited (3 times, until we used a boxed cake)
At lunchtime my car stalled out (I frosted the wrong cake so...)
I couldn’t get it started (...we didn't have frosting for the boxed cake)
Had a book by c.s. lewis
I finished the last page and (when both kids had filled theirs, we discovered we were out of diapers)
Slept on my desk for three hours
Just like my high school days

Cuz every single moment whether sleeping or awake
Is your creation
And what you’ve made is good (at least the ice cream and spaghetti turned out)
I don’t always thank you for the rough days and
The hard times in my life
Even though I should (I am so thankful our friends & family came to celebrate so it wasn't such a bad day after all)

Got home and decided I’d be in a bad mood
My shy and quiet wife said she didn’t like my attitude
Got a call from my mother
Forgot my sister’s birthday(Happy Birthday, Jesse & Haydee)
I’m a lousy older brother (wife & mother)
safe to say I’ve had a bad day (only got 2 hours of work in for the day)

Here's the music video...


No comments:

Post a Comment